CPC productions used long throw Altec cabinets for Lord of the Rings live production with symphony orchestra.
28 Cabinets of Altec Lansing Long Throw Arena System
CPC Production Services - THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS
CPC productions used long throw Altec cabinets for Lord of the Rings live production with symphony orchestra.
28 Cabinets of Altec Lansing Long Throw Arena System
CPC Production Services - THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS

"Altec Lansing Long Throw Arena System"
No such product was ever made by Altec. I would like to see good pics of the gear. The only pics I could find on the site were a line array. CPC plays fast and loose with the Altec name. I have seen them refer to their home made stuff as being Altec.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
CPC Altec product consist of 817 cabinets and multicell horns cabinets .
Last edited by LICORNE; October 8th, 2016 at 01:47 PM.

Well OK.First I'd have to ask how you know that, the link does not state that neither does their website. The website simply states they have some of those.
And 90 degree boxes just plain are NOT long throw. 60 is medium. 20 or 40 is long throw. I was a pro live engineer for decades, remember.
Bottom picture doesn't match the description BTW. Those ain't the speakers the text says they are. Beware of BS from CPC.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
I chated with the owner which is a member of this forum. He told me about the cross over points of each horn there are two per cabinets and diver types. Now this was years ago. perhaps 5 or 7 years.
He eaven had brochures on how to repair HF drivers.
If your interested in the actvie cross over point and type of HF compression driver I have it in my files .

I have zero interest in any of that. The point is, did Altec ever make a long throw arena system, no they never did. CPC claims that is what it is officially called. Posting about a chat from years ago has no bearing in the current claims of that company. If anything you have just proven you have zero credibility.
Again the boxes in the pic you posted are not what the text says they are.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Even odder. Downloaded their inventory list. They claim the arena stuff as a separate item from the stuff Licorne listed. They claim it to be large format point source which could ONLY be engine models not what he listed. And NO ENGINE MODELS appear in that inventory.
At best, shady business practices. At worst, maybe outright lying.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks